Are you up to the challenge?
"FRIENDLY CHALLENGE INVITATIONAL"
The catch is you don't lose any money... YOU ONLY WIN THE $25 IF YOU TAP OUT THE STUDENT YOU CHALLENGE IN 10 MINUTES or LESS - AFTER 10 MINUTES THE CONTEST ENDS AND NEITHER PARTICIPANT WINS. I have six students ranging from blue to purple belt that love to compete and challenge themselves in addition to rolling and meeting new talent. There are tons of talent out there and we would love to train with you in a RESPECTFUL MANNER. DO NOT ATTEND WITH BAD INTENTIONS OR TO SANDBAG - be truthful to your belt/rank.
HERE'S HOW THIS WILL WORK:
1. Both participants must sign a waiver.
2. RSVP ONLY... 1 week in advance notice you will be challenging a student at our open mat.
3. NO COACHING OR TALKING ALLOWED. ANYONE WHO COACHES OR SPEAKS DURING THE CONTEST HAS TO LEAVE OR THE CONTEST WILL BE STOPPED. YOU MAY BRING A FRIEND OR ANYONE WITH YOU TO HELP KEEP BOTH PARTICIPANTS FROM THE WALLS, ETC.
4. NO SPECTATORS. ALL THAT WILL ATTEND WILL BE THERE TO ROLL WITH US AND ENJOY SOME TRAINING!
5. 10 minutes starting from standup to ground.
6. All submissions allowed except for INVERTED HEEL HOOKS. NO INVERTED HEEL HOOKS ALLOWED.
7. No head throws.
8. NO PULLING GUARD.
9. STALLING CAN BE A SUBJECTIVE TERM; SO ANY PARTICIPANT RUNNING AWAY IN CIRCLES AROUND THE MAT LOSES.
10. The contest may be GI or NOGI.
Here are the students to challenge and their weight categories... 10lbs over/under is OK.
Vincent Morro (145lbs) - challenging any purple belt (gi/nogi) or brown belt (nogi only)
Rene Orellana (140lbs) - challenging any purple belt (gi/nogi) or brown belt (nogi only)
Omar Whitman (145lbs) - challenging any blue belt (gi/nogi) or purple belt (nogi only)
Brandon Costa (160lbs) - challenging any purple belt (gi/nogi) or brown belt (nogi only)
Malvin Beltre (295lbs) - challenging any blue belt (gi/nogi) or purple belt (nogi only)
YOU ONLY WIN THE $25 IF YOU TAP OUT THE STUDENT YOU CHALLENGE IN 10 MINUTES or LESS - AFTER 10 MINUTES THE CONTEST ENDS AND NEITHER PARTICIPANT WINS. IF YOU LOSE, YOU DON'T LOSE ANY MONEY. ALL CHALLENGES WILL BE FILMED AND POSTED
PLEASE SHARE and thank you for accepting our invitational challenge
Too many schools nowadays, there has to be an incentive to train together in a competitive and respectful manner... we are hoping to meet and train with some really good practitioners out there...
steel sharpens steel... Oss!
In order to increase our training and bring in more guests to our OPEN MAT every Saturday @1pm - We are putting up $25 for a...